As a birth doula I am committed to nurturing the strength that is in each birthing family. I encourage the connection and intimacy between the expectant couple and I safeguard the birth experience with presence and thoughtful advocacy.
In prenatal visits we develop and practice tools and techniques to walk confidently through labor (and beyond!) tailored specifically to your unique personality, needs, and goals. Throughout your birth, I will be at your side- actively breathing through contractions with you, helping you into conducive labor positions- or quietly in the background diffusing lavender oil, making your partner a snack, or preparing cold washcloths for your brow. My role shifts depending on you and your partner's needs in the moment. In our postpartum visit, in addition to practical support (How do you swaddle a baby again? Is this nursing latch right?) we will have the opportunity to talk through your birth story and glean from it the lessons and joys that led you into this new role as a parent.
The transition to parenthood is remarkable. I see the potential for transformation, healing, and love all along the way and help keep you grounded through it all.
My Services Include:
- complimentary interview/consultation
- minimum, 2 prenatal home visits and 1 postpartum visit
- phone/email support throughout pregnancy and postpartum
- education and assistance determining birth preferences and labor coping tools
- continuous support throughout labor and 1-2 hours immediate postpartum
- if desired, a chronological birth log/birth story and photos of labor and newborn
If fee is an issue, I do offer slots for sliding scale clients. Please do not let finances turn you away.